top of page
Stop 21 - The Spirit
Pleasant Valley Baptist Church first built a church here in 1891 on land donated by the Davenport family. When the church needed to raise money for a new building in 1927, Camarillo brothers paid the generous sum of $10,250 for two acres of vacant church land that enabled construction of this larger church in 1930.
The gesture was another example of The Spirit existing between the Catholic and Baptist churches in town.
Chapel City Church now worships in the building.
Original church built in 1891
bottom of page